Sunday, September 25, 2011

Why don't you be your own Portfolio Manager

Why don't you be your own Portfolio Manager.... Different people may have different view regarding their portfolio design. No problem. We may share our view. I'm sharing my view with you.

How I organize my Portfolio :

1) 20% of my total amount I invest for long term.
2) 20% of my total amount I invest for mid term.
3) 40% of my total amount I invest for short term gain.
4) 20% of my total amount I keep as Cash.
 
I also follow the below rules strictly :
  • I always put Trailing Stop-Loss.
  • I never invest more than 20% of my money in any individual stock.
  • I never invest more than 40% of my money in any sector.
  • If I find the market is going to wrong, I withdraw all of my money and then wait for a suitable time for re-investment.
How can I make my portfolio better? I'll be very much grateful, if you give me any advice.

2 comments:

  1. thanks again for ur thought ... by the way JC, what percentage do u put for trailing stop loss??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rony Bhai, It's depend on trading period like Short Term, Mid Term and Long Term. For this reason, I use 3 different periods of moving average.

    ReplyDelete